Saturday, March 27, 2010

attack on the sewing room, round two

ok, so first post is about the war with my sewing room. I have a husband who is a minimalist and me, a hoarder and lover of clutter who thrives in chaos.
Add a relatively small house, two small children, running a small business and no patience (on my husbands side) into the mix and you get what is referred to as the "end room"
My husbands idea is to just back a skip up to the window and "that will fix your dilemma in no time honey".
I do have another plan, hence round two. I just love stuff and am fabulous at starting something, finding something else equally as exciting, starting that, reading a few blogs, getting some more ideas, browsing flickr, and BAM there you have it! Sarah has started a million things, finished none, written ten thousand lists (i LOVE writing lists) and has a craft room that looks like its suffered a mortar attack!
So im on attempt two the clean up/sort out/THROW out of all of my beloved stuff. And to tell you the truth, it's actually going really well! i have a small bag for the rubbish, two large boxes for recycling, an actual idea of all the "stuff" i have (boy it's a lot!) rediscovered some beautiful memories- my son's 20 week scan- he still has the same little nose, some GREAT supplies, plenty of wool ready for winter knitting, more vintage and reclaimed fabric than you can poke a stick at and yes, some UFO"S. ok. not really some, LOADS!
Im so embarrassed to post a before picture, i think i'll just delight in the joys of after.

No comments:

Post a Comment